Thursday, May 27, 2010

HIM – wings of a butterflyHeaven ablaze in our eyes We're standing still in time The blood on our hands is the wineWe offer as sacrifice Come on, and show them your love Rip out the wings of a butterflyFor your soul, my loveRip out the wings of a butterflyFor your soulThis endless mercy mile We're crawling side by side With hell freezing over in our eyes Gods kneel before our crimeCome on lets show, them your loveRip out the wings of a butterflyFor your soul, my loveRip out the wings of a butterflyFor your soulDon't let go, For your soulCome on, and show them your love Rip out the wings of a butterflyFor your soul, my loveRip out the wings of a butterflyFor your soul Don't let goFor your soul
This picture of a dragon fly trying to clean itself of oil reminded me of HIM’s song “Wings of a Butterfly.” This is because they both first involve wings. The sacrifice in the song could be seen as the oil company’s willingness to sacrifice any innocent animals such as the dragonfly. The crime of this oil spill should have a high punishment, but the oil company will probably get off with a large fine because they’re so rich. The connection in the line “we’re standing still in time” directs towards the picture that even though history repeats itself we still aren’t learning from our mistakes. The line “the blood on our hands is the wine we offer as sacrifice” means that we have no regard for any life but our own as we give the environment for our sacrifice, which is directly related to the picture of the oil covered dragonfly. When HIM says “rip out the wings of a butterfly” they mean it symbolically not directly. They want people to pull something beautiful and natural out instead of the lies and deception that we normally encounter.
Sugar Ray – FlyAll around the world statues crumble for mewho knows how long I've loved youeverywhere I go people stop and they seetwenty-five years old my mother God rest her soulI just wanna flyput your arms around me, babyI just wanna flyput your arms around me, babydance a little stranger, show me where you've beenlove can make you hostage wanna do it againthere's no time to think about the starting or the endwe'll find out I'm told, my mother she told me soI just wanna flyput your arms around me, babyI just wanna flyput your arms around me, babyI just want to flyall around the world, statues crumble for mewho knows how long I've loved youeveryone I know has been so good to metwenty-five years old, my mother God rest her soulI just wanna flyPut your arms around me, babyI just wanna flyPut your arms around me, babyI just want to fly
This picture reminded me of sugar rays song because the first line is “everywhere they go people stop and they see” which could relate to everyone seeing the oil spill on their TV and they stop to check for any updates. One line, “put your arms around me baby” can be seen through the bird wanting the water cleaned and itself clean because he just wants to fly. In the picture the bird is perfectly white all the way across its body until your eyes reach the tip of its tail and a clump of oil sits on the end. Especially when animals die due to our own faults the lyric “all around the world statues crumble for me” makes sense, this is because the people that aren’t affected by these disasters are at least touched by the innocent deaths.
Hum – StarsShe thinks she missed the train to Mars, she's out back counting stars.She thinks she missed the train to Mars, she's out back counting stars.She's not at work, she's not at school,she's not in bed, I think I finally broke her.I bring her home everything I want, and nothing that she needs.I thought she'd be there holding daisies, she always waits for me.She thinks she missed the train to Mars, she's out back counting stars.I found her out back sitting naked looking up and looking dead.A crumpled yellow piece of paper, with seven nines and tens.I thought she'd be there holding daisies, she always waits for me.She thinks she missed the train to Mars, she's out back counting stars.I thought you'd be there holding daisies, you always wait for me.She thinks she missed the train to Mars, she's out back counting stars.
This picture reminded me of the song stars by hum because of the sky and the song starts off really slow and soft like a peaceful sunset. The lyrics connect with the assumptions of the picture “everything I want and nothing that she needs” like saying that we do whatever we want even if it hurts the envirnment, which is nothing that it needs. The small piece “I finally broke her” can be seen as society finally destorying nature. Some people don’t care abou ther consiquences because they believe nature will always be around and theres not threat like in the line “I thought she bed there holding daisies she always waits for me”.

No comments:

Post a Comment